After seeing this archive meme at Pea Soup, I realized, hey- I've been looking for an excuse to dig up some old writing.
The rules are:
Link to your five favourite posts from your blog.
Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love
Link 5 can be about anything you choose.
I might break the rules right off the bat, because I don't think I could link to my favorites. How do I know that I haven't missed something that I like better? But I'll settle for some that I found that I like a whole lot.
1. About my family. This doesn't talk much about Chinua, but I really love my Day In the Life Post. I love it because I'll never return to those exact days, and when I read this post again, I feel like I'm really there.
2. I looked for a while for a good post about friends, wondering why it's so hard to find one. And I realize that because I've always lived in community, I try very hard to protect the privacy of the friends around me by not making them the stars of my sitcom. I've known for a long time that some of the funniest things I could write about, well, I can't write about. Not mine to write. But then I found this post, and it aptly describes what my friends have been to me.
3. For me? I have to pick a few... there are too many different sides. The lost traveler in me. The writer. The helper? (Mentor? What would you call this?) Anyways... there are more, but that's enough.
4. I LOVE Wildflowers. Almost more than any other thing that is not a person.
5. And for my husband. There's this post.
That's it. Consider yourself tagged if you feel like you'd like to dig through your archives like a fiend.